Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Chinese Poetry

1) I liked the second poem the most because it was the easiest to comprehend. In my interpretation I think the the character was home sick.

2)The relationship between the speaker and her husband was bad and distant. She got married when she was 14 which isn't that old in my opinion, I think she was too young and immature to be in a relationship and since shes 14 they probably didn't know each other too long before they got married.

3) I think the character in the story liked the moon and the sky and that he was a little homesick and that's why he would dream of home.

4)I believe that the character gets memorized by the water and he thinks its beautiful, and then he imagines that hes somewhere else like heaven.

5)Visualizing the poem was helpful because it helps you feel and see what the speaker feels and the more descriptive the poems the more you can visualize and feel.

6)The two poem are about love and the speaker is in love with a male. But the "Mulberry on the Lowland" poem is more joyful and happy but, "The River-Merchant's Wife" is more sad and depressing and how she will anyways will be waiting for him.

7)Today people view nature as a need to conserve it. Lots of people are obsessed with conserving nature and making it beautiful and keeping it alive.

No comments: