Thursday, January 25, 2007

Poems by Sappho

1) I think out of all poems I best understand " He Is More Than a Hero." because its about someone special that makes her nervous when he's around. She talks about how she can't speak, and she gets a tingling feeling and her heart races, which are feelings you get when your around a special person. I think its easy to understand because I have felt that way before.

3)In Sapphos poem, "Some say througing cavalry..." is about a friend of the writers whos moving away because of a war or because shes in danger but she misses her. In the second poem, "He Is More Than a Hero" it talks about a relationship and the girl gets nervous everytime th boy comes around and talks to her. Lastly in the final poem called, "To Aphrodite of the Flowers, at Knossos" is about a holy temple and how its so graceful and beautiful and smells good with frankincense.

4) I think the second sentence (She values intimiate moments of friendship) is true because in the first poem shes sad that her friends going to a diffrent island. Also the last sentence (she appreciates the beauty of nature) because the last poem talks about the temple and how beautiful it is with its apple trees and frankinsence.

6)I would Mary J. Blige because she has a very strong R&B soulful voice which I love and some of the poems are meant to be strong and meaningful.

No comments: